Apr 27, 2009

Weekend clay and photos



Potential pots???? Its just dirt now. Came from the creek side on family property

This is the first real effort from my "brick" clay, after 8-10 days of soaking, see earlier blog.

Wisteria just before full bloom, it will be taking over (like kudzu) in a few weeks.

 An iris appeared Sunday morning, beautiful colors!



New adventure this weekend, took my father to the old homeplace of the McLeod's. Home burned about 30 years ago but site is still in family.  I had a crazy idea of making pots (or something) from the land of my great great great grandfathers...the chimney of the house was made from the clay on the property ( I have 20-30 of those)...if it works more later.  The photos are from the yard as the spring unfolds day to day changes. Clink on photos to see better. Big files.

No comments:

Post a Comment