Jun 1, 2009

New stuff from the Gas

This is a new departure from my small experimental stuff, sculpture.  I tried to produce out of texture and a little color glaze an interesting piece, What it means to me and you...?
The blue is from a blue glaze with addition of clear and yellow glass, which was designed to melt and flow into the interior of the piece, It is glazed inside as well. The glass formed a great little "pond" on the inside of the base when you can get the sun just right to see into it. Very geode like.  The hole is filled with glass/glaze now but light can still be seen coming thru.
This is a experimental clay Ive been working with, the glaze in the interior is great, I think. I just hope I can do it again.  The pinch pot outside is just iron oxide except for the rim to express the rough texture of the clay body and the clay itself. 

2 comments:

  1. Max, these are GREAT! The sculpture is, ineeed, very geode-like and that little "pond" is wonderful! Can't wait to have some face time with these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love that pinch pot, what is the glaze on the interior? It is very beautiful. I have been saving a large piece of glass (amber bubble) I took out of my side light when we remodeled our house. How did you melt the glass in the piece above - is it cone 10. I had always heard if glass wasn't slow cooled it would crackle or something - I know next to nothing about it, you geode piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete