Jun 23, 2009

Home clay and more

A request from my kids to make shot glasses, made this morning from porcelain.
Home clay fired at cone 10 , this test tile will be a start of others. (see below) added a slip of brick clay and copper and iron oxide too.

This home clay tile has a 1/3 home clay,1/3 cragyc= c., 1/3 porcelain, with brick slip and heavy porcelain slip at bottom edge. Will add more texture stuff after bisk fire.

Same clay mix as above with porcelain on surface.

Had a spare old bookcase become available so, made a ceramics show and tell at my office. I guess I could say my office is gone to pot... This is maybe 25 to 30% of my stuff. Maybe I need to put a "For Sale" sign up.

2 comments:

  1. Max, those test tiles look GREAT! So many fine possibilities there! Nice display in your office too. You certainly have enough work to put a "for sale" sign up. Why don't ya?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting a little more serious about it. Since that is about i/3 of what I have. No consistant style but I may never have that! Check back in a few for by #2 raku and a better shot of Sculpture #1

    I'll stick them in the car to show you next time we meet at studio.

    ReplyDelete