Apr 15, 2010

Photo... Tree identification day

Last night we had a discussion of things that inspire us in ceramics... On the way into the office this morning I had my camera and captured these details from a tree just off from the dumpster. . . a volunteer. No one planted this wonder and most of the year it is unnoticeable.


The first photo, the seed pod puts most of my desires in glazing to shame...
The second shows what wonders nature has for us if we just look-closely...
The third is the tree in bloom with the seed pods at the bottom of the shot...
     Click to open with detail.
            What is the tree?


3 comments:

  1. Well, I answer my own question the tree is an Empress tree, very fast growing and difficult to get rid of. But it looks great when in bloom! The leaves ar VERY large, if I remember from last year about 8-10" across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not familiar with this tree, but it does look nice in bloom and there's something familiar about those parts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Empress or Paulownia, invasive or not, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete